Take your journal and write a story from your life together. A cherished memory, recorded in this way, can help to remind you that your loved one is truly still with you. Deep in your heart, residing there always, those memories, those stories, will comfort you.This one is from when I had McKayla. Mom was over the moon excited, this being her first ever grand baby. She was almost more excited then me! When it came time for baby to come, she was there during most of my induction and the laboring. Jimmy and I had made the decision that during the birth it would just be the two of us, so mom left when it was time to push. From what she tells me, she was in the waiting area and heard a cry. She knew right away it was her grand-baby! In her excitement to get to the room, she tripped and fell in the hallway. Thankfully she was uninjured, but it is a memory that will always make me smile.
When it came time for Natalie to come, it was again an induction that she was there for most of. I see it now as a HUGE blessing, but when they realized I was ready to push much sooner then expected, my mom was trapped in the corner of the room. I remember asking Jimmy if that was okay, that she stayed during. He could only reply that she didn't really have a choice. Mom was there and watched the second of her grand-daughters be born. I don't remember her reaction, but knowing she was there is an amazing thing to have in my heart.
Then there was Miss Alivia's birth. Because I had been sent home earlier that evening (you can read the whole story here) I wasn't sure it was the time, but asked Colleen, who was watching my kiddos, to call mom and tell her we were going. Mom said that all she did was get some clothes on and hop in the car. Yet again, she was in the waiting area, she'd just arrived, when she heard Alivia cry. She knew, yet again, that it was her grand-daughter. Mom didn't care that she "missed" the birth, she was just as happy to be holding that bundle in her arms.
Those are some memories that I can't ever forget. And now that they are here, my girls can read them and know how very excited their grandma was for them to be here.
No comments:
Post a Comment